CARAVAN CONNECTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All awnings and shades sold by Caravan Connection are designed for holiday use. They are not suitable for continuous use. We recommend protecting your awning with both water protection and UV protection spray once a year - 3M & Scotchguard sell very good products.
*ALL PRODUCTS SOLD ARE ONLY ENTITLED TO A REFUND IF DEEMED FAULTY AND DISCUSSED WITH US PRIOR TO RETURN OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE OFFERED STORE CREDIT*
1. Who we are:
We are Caravan Connection NZ Ltd. Contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or by phone 03 465 1510; or via our website through the ‘contact us’ tab. Our address is 28 Sanday St, Palmerston, Otago. Our preferred contact method is email.
2. OUR PRODUCTS
2.1 Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only and while every effort is made to be exact some colours may reflect differently in daylight.
2.2 Product packaging may vary.
3. YOUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
3.1 If you wish to make a change to the your order please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract.
4. OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
4.1 Minor changes to the products. We may change the product:
(a) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
(b) to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements.
5. PROVIDING THE PRODUCTS
5.1 We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Please be reminded you are buying an imported item and as such repair items may need to be sent from overseas.
5.2 Collection of goods or a caravan by you. If you have asked to collect the products from our premises, you can collect them from us at any time during our working hours of 09.00 and 16.00 on weekdays (excluding public holidays). Further caravan collection and our showing of the workings of such caravan may only be made on days Monday to Friday - please allow 1 hour for this exercise. Should you wish to collect on a weekend then we can offer written instructions only to assist with the workings of your caravan as our workshop is not open on weekends.
5.3 When you own goods. You own a product which is goods once we have received payment in full. With regards to the purchase of a caravan we consider your payment of the deposit (usually $1000) to be your commitment to the purchase. Should you change your mind, for whatever reason, this deposit is non-refundable as we may have lost other customers due to your commitment to purchase.
6.1 The Customer is bound by the Warranty Policy and must promptly notify us of any defects in the Goods, and must not perform or cause to be performed any work or repairs without the express permission of Caravan Connection NZ Ltd in the event of a warranty claim or claim under the Consumer Guarantees..
6.2 In the event that the Goods purchased and received by the original Customer in the purchase order, have a transfer of ownership via sale, trade, or any other means, resulting in a new owner of the same Goods, will then deem the Goods as Used. As a result, Caravan Connection NZ Ltd is not required to honour any warranty obligations, regardless if the Goods are still within an eligible time frame. Warranty is only eligible to Goods under ownership of the Customer as stated in the Purchase Order.
7. WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO NEW CARAVANS – For the full warranty details please contact us
Your NEW caravan has three warranties:
1. Body Shell Warranty - For the first owner body shell, Caravan Connection will repair (or at its option, replace) any water ingress via sealed seams for the duration of your caravan warranty - that means 'sealed' seams and does not include window seams and is subject to the conditions, terms and exclusions below. The duration of this warranty will have been agreed at the time of sale, usually 10 years.
2. Appliance Warranty - For the first owner, Caravan Connection will repair (or at its option, replace) any defects with the appliances 24 months from the date of purchase, subject to the conditions - which are available at any time in request.
3. Chassis Warranty - 3 years all chassis members, including corner steadies, overrun device, axle and braking system (excluding brake drums and shoes)
**IMPORTANT** PLEASE ADVISE US IF YOU INTEND TO LIVE IN THE CARAVAN AS THESE CARAVANS ARE DESIGNED FOR HOLIDAY USE AND ARE OF LIGHT WEIGHT CONSTRUCTION - YOUR WARRANTY WILL BE DEEMED VOID IF YOU DO NOT ADVISE OF THIS.
8. WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO USED CARAVANS – For further details please contact us
With 15 years experience we are certain your used caravan will be sold to you with everything working as it should and with all legal entities met - namely a mechanical WOF, gas certificate, electrical warrant of fitness and rego. Caravan Connection also offer a three month warranty - this covers any defect to appliances inside the caravan (hot water supply, fridge, cooker, heating) and any leaks that may arise. Your warranty does not cover wear and tear and issues that may arise due to this, eg cracks to plastic, window catches, taps, etc. OR damage due to negligence eg frost damage or user error.
* PLEASE NOTE - items that are after factory fit such as motor movers or air conditioning units are NOT covered under the three month warranty. They are sometimes not in production any longer and we may not be able to source parts.
* IMPORTANT If repairs are required under warranty we will need to see the problem - we are strictly return to base.
* IMPORTANT YOUR CARAVAN IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY IF YOU ARE RESIDING IN IT. IF YOU ARE GOING TO LIVE IN IT PLEASE DISCUSS YOUR WARRANTY OPTIONS PRIOR TO PURCHASE.
9. WORKSHOP - While your caravan may become out of warranty any repair work required will be charged at our current workshop hourly rate of $105 / hour + GST.
***OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Applicable to NEW and USED Caravans***
Your warranty may be deemed void if used for a purpose other than which it was designed; used for commercial purposes - which includes living in it; in an accident; or towed by a vehicle other than a standard passenger vehicle. The Warranty will also not extend to specific types of damage including wear and tear when the Caravan has been used for permanent living purposes; wear and tear, punctures, fading to fabric items; or damage caused by alterations or repairs being undertaken by an unauthorised repairer.
Caravan Connection will not be held responsible for failure of items when not used in accordance to the manufacturers recommendations.
We strongly recommend towing at a safe speed according to travel conditions with extra care and attention required on uneven surfaces. Our caravans are not designed for hard impact or heavy landings or severely rutted roads or tracks. Some roads in NZ are very rough due to impact from earthquakes - please be aware of this when towing and always tow to the conditions.
IMPORTANT - ALL WARRANTIES ARE ‘RETURN TO BASE’
This means the caravan comes back to Caravan Connection for repair unless agreed otherwise first.
Under no circumstances do we cover invoices unless agreed prior. We are trained by Swift and as such we may have access to information not easily accessible by other repair agents.
If you do not agree to out terms and conditions then please contact us prior to purchase to discuss.